Re: Special Offer from Peter Keller to TekScopes Members: The Cathode Ray Tube, Technology, History, and Applications"

Tom Lee

Hi Barry,

Pete's book mainly covers electrostatically deflected crts. Except for some very early models, TVs used magnetically deflected crts (to allow large screens without absurd set depths). The guns are similar, but the deflection methods are very different because of the different optimization objectives.

--Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Allen Ctr., Rm. 205

On 11/16/2020 07:18, n4buq wrote:
Does anyone know whether this book covers CRTs that were used for color TVs (and other color displays)? I ask because I'm not finding good information on how those work.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ