From: ken chalfant <kpchalfant@msn.com>
Date: 11/12/2020 11:41 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Interesting scope on eBay. Hickok copy of 535 or Tektronix?

Greetings,

Following is the really short version of the story I learned.

At some point the military was compelled to go out for competitive bids on “Tektronix” oscilloscopes.

Tek may have been “compelled” to share technical information for the bid process.

Regardless of the details both Hickok and Lavoie made Tektronix knock-offs.  Perhaps other companies did as well - that I don’t know.

As I recall the “equivalent” scopes were not all that equivalent.  At least some lacked the ceramic parts strips using conventional terminal strips and compromised on other components.

If you come across one and bring it to life it will probably be a reasonable scope for its generation, but it will be somehow less than a Tek scope.

Hopefully others will add to, or accurize, what I have offered in this message.

Regards,

Ken

On 12Nov, 2020, at 9:15 PM, Leon Robinson <leon-robinson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I had a Jetronic about 50 years ago.
I have a LA-265 in the storage shed if it wasn't destroyed when the roof blew off 2 or 3 years ago.

Leon Robinson  K5JLR