Re: 475M metal can caps

Bill Perkins <sales@...>

Here's some work I did 20 years ago on a Tek 570 S/N 215:

https://www.pearl-hifi.com/07_Facility_Tour/Tek_570_215/Internal.jpg

I made the parts from FR-4 and used stake-in solder terminals from Keystone.

Bill

I will second Michael's recommendation. The little adapter boards make
for a very neat and professional looking repair. In a pinch I've used
PNP blue to etch my own, but it's easier to buy them ready made.
Use 105C caps if you can.
On these scopes if the power supplies are not right, nothing works right.
Always ensure the power supplies are correct before looking at anything
else.
Paul
On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 10:15:53AM -0800, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:
I have restored several of this family of scopes. Finding OEM style caps that are good is not a really viable option.

I use Modern radial lead caps and these adapters:

www.ebay.com/itm/Capacitor-Adapter-15-5mm-triangle-recapping-vintage-equipment-Tek-465-kit-x5/273254508468

I would say that you have issues with you -15 and -8V Supply. Caps may help rectify some of those issues. A Good place to start in any case. Get you supplies back in spec and you will go a long way to fixing the scope.

Good Luck!
--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR