Re: source for blue filters for 2465 family scopes ??

Michael A. Terrell

I bought some gel online. It arrived wrapped in brown paper, and so
wrinkled that I couldn't use it. I could only find clear plastic thin
enough to use. The thinnest blue was over twice the specified thickness. I
have thought about putting together something to ct a notch along the edges
to make them the right thickness, but they wanted to sell me a 4' by 8'
sheet of plastic. I also considered gel between two pieces of crystal clear
page protectors, like people are using to make face shields.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 4:00 AM Jean-Paul <jonpaul@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Bob

Search the exact part number on epay, ask Walter at Spehere Research in CA
and Qservice in Greece.

As a kluge I have used a theatrical lighting gel, available in 2' square
sheets in a huge selection of colors. You could cut dozens from one sheet.

Finally a local plastic firm like TAP Plastics may have colored acrylic
sheet, the thickness is the problem.

Bon chance,

Jon