First transistors at Tektronix?

Christian

Good day,

Among my interests is the original uptake of transistors by companies that were not nominally (at the time, anyway) in the transistor business - customers like Tek (and HP for that matter). I'm familiar with several related milestones - the 453, the 321 (or is it 321A?) as all-transistorized machines (modulo the CTR of course). What were the first models to use them? Any similar info on other obscure transistor 'notable firsts' would be of great interest as well. Was Tek making their own transistors before they went to full ICs? Why?

At some point I'll be putting together a comparison of how transistors were initially applied at all the T&M 'big players' of the time. As such, any related physical documentation (in the best possible condition) would also be of great interest.