Re: 577D1 Phantom base current

Michael W. Lynch

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 06:26 AM, Jack2015 wrote:

when the "AID" button is off and "zero" button is off you can turn the knob to
adjust the number of steps.
The Aid and Offset buttons are independent of the Steps Knob. You may select any number of steps (1 to 9), regardless of how the Offset controls are selected or adjusted. Even with the offset control "On" and in the "Aid" position, with the offset control at "Zero", your baseline trace should and must remain at the bottom or top "zero" line. If you adjust the Offset Control vernier above Zero, then the base trace along with all subsequent traces will move up or down, depending on whether the "oppose" or "aid" button is depressed. At least, this is my understanding and how my 577 and both 576 curve Tracers operate.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR