Re: Air filters for big 500 series scopes

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

After you use your stove to cook a pan full of bacon,
your filter will be coated with cooking grease... specifically,
bacon grease.

Then you make hamburgers, and they will then have a coating
of bacon grease and hamburger grease... Fry some eggs, and
they will have a coating of bacon grease, hamburger grease,
and butter....

New, they are coated with nothing but the mill oil from
when they were machined. After you use them for the first
time, they are coated with cooking grease until you do the
hideous task of cleaning them.

-Chuck Harris

Roy Thistle wrote:

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 08:46 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:

Of course range filters are coated... coated with
cooking grease.
Well... I was out here in the colonies... masked and by the local home despot... and I decided to hike over to the kitchen section.
I asked the probrotradesman kitchen guy if those aluminum range filters come coated with cooking grease. He said... not as he knows for... and thinks they aren't sprayed with anything... but, might be a good idea if there was something to spray them with.
Anyway... ya, I think the manufacturers don't coat them.