Re: 519 -- broken rate generator; stuck at a very high frequency?

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

Hi Sean,

I know nothing about the 519, but I do know that tektronix
had a habit of making all sorts of configurations available
on similar scopes. The folks that would buy a 519 often
had divergent interests.

Look carefully for binding posts that should have a strap
connecting them. They could be on the front panel, or the
back.

There also could be other forms of strapping inside of the
scope. It should show up in the schematics.

-Chuck Harris

sdturne@q.com wrote:

Well, no dice there either. The transistor seems fine. I'm officially stumped. The contacts for the multiplier switch are working fine, establishes by the fact that the multivibrator is both running nominally (which also implies the two 6DJ8s are fine) and controllable by the multiplier switch and the cycles/sec pot. There's really not much else to this circuit...nothing could really go wrong with the charge line right? It's just a coil of coax.

Sean

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 03:34 PM, @0culus wrote:

Couldn't find anything amiss...all the passives appear to be fine. I scoped
the multivibrator as shown in the schematic, and it is works fine. It responds
to the controls as it should. I reckon the problem is most likely the
avalanche transistor. Luckily, I also have a 577D1 now...

Sean