Re: OT Hameg HM103 blanking

petertech99h

Jean-Paul,
Is the 68pf 2Kv cap a ceramic disk cap? Sounds like it is.  I can't remember the last I had a leaky disk cap!
If there is evidence of dirt, oil, old flux right around the cap, I would clean it instead.
If it is cracked or chipped then replace for sure!

Pete

On Sunday, October 18, 2020, 11:53:45 a.m. EDT, Jean-Paul <jonpaul@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Hello again all!

Ray thanks for the PM,

I Have just posted schematic markup and trace image in album "HM103 Hameg"

I now suspect the 68 pF coupling cap C705 is leaky and has damaged the NPN transistor.

But am traveling and Limited in tools and parts to disassemble main board and replace the 68 pF 2kV caps.

Open to your kind advise!

Jon