Re: Fun with 7000 series readouts

dabono@...

So, the readout system "knows" that 100 uA = 0.1 mA and displays it that way? If so, that's pretty cool.

I recently had to dive into the 7xxx readout system. One of the channels on one of the vertical bays of my 7603 was producing wonky readouts. By swapping the plugins around, I was able to tell the problem was in the mainframe itself (not the plugin). Then by comparing the expected row/column values for each time slot position to the actual readout, it's possible to isolate which row/column is bad.

It was a fun bit of detective work, and I (eventually) learned how the readout system works. It's a pretty clever piece of engineering!