Re: 475A horizontal amplifier problem

Dave Wise

It's usually simple... once you know what it is.

Dave Wise
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of toby via groups.io <toby=telegraphics.com.au@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2020 6:17 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 475A horizontal amplifier problem

On 2020-10-06 8:28 a.m., Jim Hall wrote:
PROBLEM SOLVED - After checking the components, voltages, and waveforms in the horizontal amplifier circuit and verifying that the outputs of the amplifier were correct, I took the advice of Tom M. and Tom L. to consider the CRT. The problem was that the connection to the CRT's left plate was disconnected. Much effort and patience was required to reattach the wire to the CRT through the hole in the interface board. . Many thanks to both Tom M. and Tom L for their help in locating the problem.
Well that's great news. Another TekScopes success we can all learn from...

--Toby

Jim