Re: 576 CT no step generator current but voltage steps OK

William Borrero

I would say your best bet is to check your switch contacts which are likely
dirty. Sometimes just operating them can clear the problem. Focus on the
Step Generator section first.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 6:48 PM Ed Breya via groups.io <edbreya=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I recently tried to check some transistors but found the 576 isn't
delivering base current steps. My most recent use was on some JFETs, which
worked fine, with voltage steps. I mostly do I-V checking, and seldom
bipolar transistors, so I have no idea how long ago this function crapped
out.

I'll have to pull it off the bench and go through all the grief of
handling and opening up this beast and digging into the guts. Before I do,
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this particular problem, and if
maybe it's something simple, like a pulled connector or such? Or, is there
anything in the plug-in test fixture that could cause this? It would be a
lot easier to yank the fixture and work on just that, of course. I've
worked on these plenty of times, and expect the diagnosis and repair will
be OK, unless it's something deep inside and hard to access.

Ed

Best Regards,

Bill B.
Solutions that make sense.