Re: Shipping Scopes

Michael W. Lynch

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 11:12 AM, Roy Thistle wrote:

The OP is trying to explain that the shipper told him not to worry... that the
he (the shipper) would pack the 545 up... supposedly well. But, it didn't go
well.
Roy,

Sadly, Most E-Bay sellers (and sellers on all platforms) just do not understand how heavy and how delicate these scopes are. Remember that most of them are regular folks (Zero Electronics Experience) and they honestly believe that they are packing these instruments well. It is almost impossible to explain to many people the level of protection that is necessary. From our perspective, It seems obvious, to others, those less well versed in these instruments, not so much; a layer of bubble wrap, a few chunks of Styrofoam and some kraft paper seems totally fine. I suppose that because these things are big and heavy (like and anvil) that the shippers seem to believe that these scopes have the durability of an anvil?

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR