Re: How to make a 500 series plug-in extender

John Williams

Grayson once you find connectors you are home free pretty much. There are lots on eBay at various prices. You can also order new ones but generally run megabucks. I just use hookup wire to make the cable and lots of tiny cable ties to take the strain of the wires on the connections. You have to be careful using them as the voltages are exposed. I have not bothered covering or potting them. You can use tiny coax for pins 1 and 3. These allow you to get the plugin out where you can work on it plus rotate it carefully while working on it.