Re: How to make a 500 series plug-in extender

Dave Seiter

I made an 500 series extender years ago. Both connectors came from a badly corroded 535 and it's plugin. The cable is about 3' long and unshielded, but it gets the job done for most uses.  I do have a genuine fixed extender somewhere, but I prefer having the ability to rotate the plugin.
-Dave

On Monday, September 28, 2020, 07:10:56 AM PDT, Grayson Evans <wa4gvm@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't suppose there are a bunch of plug-in extenders floating around, so looks like I need to build one. (I see one on ebay, but out of my price range)
If I can locate a source of the connectors, it should not be too hard to connect a male to female with short wires/coax.
Has anyone out there done this?  Those connectors look like a stock (in the 60's) amphanol connector, but I don't see any manuf. part number in the plug-in or scope parts list.  They were used in a lot of military gear.  Amphanol probably still makes it.
Thanks,
Grayson