Re: Anyone know what happened to Stan Griffiths (of Restoring a Classic fame)?

Glydeck

On Sep 28, 2020, at 8:21 AM, David Holland <david.w.holland@gmail.com> wrote:

I thought the VintageTek museum reprinted his book. Are they out again?

(Appears so).... They do make a PDF available:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oscilloscopes-Selecting-and-Restoring-a-Classic-by-Stan-Griffiths-Tektronix/112676196038?hash=item1a3c064ec6:g:3MwAAOSwBjdaKCih

David

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:53 AM Dave Daniel <kc0wjn@gmail.com> wrote:

Regrettably Stan has passed on.

There are second-hand copies of his book available but they are very, very
expensive (between $70 and $300).

DaveD

On Sep 28, 2020, at 10:37, Grayson Evans <wa4gvm@gmail.com> wrote:

Stan wrote: Oscilloscopes: Selecting and Restoring a Classic, which I
think is way out of print. Fortunately I still have my copy and use it all
the time to ID Tek scopes and plug-ins. He was a Tek employee and lived in
Beaverton, not far from me.
He restored my two 547's in the 90's. He was a firm believer in giving
the scopes a high pressure wash, then a through dry in an oven he made out
of an old refrigerator. Guess it worked. I also traded him some 500
series plug-ins.
Would love to reconnect if he is still alive.
Thanks,
Grayson, KJ7UM