Re: Anyone know what happened to Stan Griffiths (of Restoring a Classic fame)?

Siggi

Hey Grayson,

I didn't know Stan, but here's a message in the archives about his death
and memorial: https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/message/164990.

Siggi

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:37 AM Grayson Evans <wa4gvm@gmail.com> wrote:

Stan wrote: Oscilloscopes: Selecting and Restoring a Classic, which I
think is way out of print. Fortunately I still have my copy and use it all
the time to ID Tek scopes and plug-ins. He was a Tek employee and lived in
Beaverton, not far from me.
He restored my two 547's in the 90's. He was a firm believer in giving
the scopes a high pressure wash, then a through dry in an oven he made out
of an old refrigerator. Guess it worked. I also traded him some 500
series plug-ins.
Would love to reconnect if he is still alive.
Thanks,
Grayson, KJ7UM