How to make a 500 series plug-in extender

Grayson Evans

I don't suppose there are a bunch of plug-in extenders floating around, so looks like I need to build one. (I see one on ebay, but out of my price range)
If I can locate a source of the connectors, it should not be too hard to connect a male to female with short wires/coax.
Has anyone out there done this? Those connectors look like a stock (in the 60's) amphanol connector, but I don't see any manuf. part number in the plug-in or scope parts list. They were used in a lot of military gear. Amphanol probably still makes it.
Thanks,
Grayson