From: "Dave Daniel" <kc0wjn@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 2:40:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY TEKSCOPES!!!

Is there a way to figure out when one joined the original (Yahoo groups)
list?

DaveD

On Sep 2, 2020, at 14:06, Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

Michael Dunn started TekScopes 20 years ago on August 31, 2000. There was
just one post that day from Walter Shawlee who joined that same day and he
has been an active member ever since.

To Walter: Thank you for 20 years of contributions to TekScopes and for all
the parts and instruments you have on your web site!

* Three days later Stan Griffiths W7NI (RIP) joined.
* Three more members, including Tom Gootee, joined in October, 2000.
* By the end of 2000 there were 13 members.
* A year later it was clearly important: there were 68 members and >150
posts each month. John Miles and Morris Odell joined TekScopes in that
first
year.

To John and Morris: Thank you for your regular contributions over the 19
years you have been members!

* I was a late comer. When I joined in mid-November 2002 there were already
250 members. I was looking for something like this for a long time and I
jumped right in with my first post that same day. Apparently I have been
busy ever since I joined - I just noticed this will be my 5,000th post
since
I joined.

Today we have over 8,000 members worldwide and there are 500 to 1500 posts
per month.

Thank you, Michael Dunn, for realizing the need for a Tektronix support
group, for all you did to keep it going the first 17 years, and for being
there for me when I need occasional help and/or guidance as I continue to
moderate it.

Dennis Tillman W7pF