Re: Strange Tek2440 issue

Vince Vielhaber

Yep, I have a 2430A and a couple of 11402s. I used the 2430A.

I checked the + and -5 and the + and -15 volt rails. Sure enough, the +5 volt rail drops exactly 1 volt while it's happening.

I'm thinking, would piggybacking another 5 volt source on that rail isolate if it's the power supply or something else?

Thanks!
Vince.

On 08/31/2020 05:09 PM, Siggi wrote:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 2:04 PM Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:

Acquisition stopped, doesn't happen. I can go all the way to 2ns/div.

Normal trigger but trigger set to +or- 90v (not triggering), it happens.

Single, doesn't happen, can go all the way to 2ns/div, can even trigger
it (in single) and it doesn't happen. The probe was hooked to the
calibrator for the triggers. Normally doesn't matter if there's a
signal there or not.
Interesting. I'd look at the power supplies, should be easy enough to see
what's happening as this is reproducible. Do you have a second digital or
storage scope to look at what's happening on the power rails?
The only difference between single shot and run without trigger is that the
single shot capture has a very limited duration. Maybe the problem is that
a power rail is marginal, and so gets dragged down when the CCDs & capture
clock keep running for a while.
Once you start capturing the CCDs start storing (and discarding) the
signal, waiting for a trigger.