Re: TDS684A freezing during boot (erratic behaviour)

Stephen Hanselman

If you have not done it already open it up and blow all the dust out of the unit. The fan sucks air through the PS andHV card. We have found virtually all of the units we’ve worked on had a serious reduction in air flow through the PS area

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC

On Aug 23, 2020, at 07:18, Rogerio O <rodd414@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,
I bought this scope from Ebay some time ago and it has been working very well.
However, since one month ago, it started to "freeze" during boot.
It does not happens all the time, but once every two or three power on attempts.
When it happens, I manage to make it run by powering on/off a couple of times, but that made me think I will run into trouble soon.
I suspected that I could have a capacitor leakage problem but I inspected the boards for corrosion but I could not find it.
Maybe the caps are just starting to fail so here comes the one million dollar question: Should I recap this scope?
Is this a common failure in this model?
Any other suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance for the help.