TDS684A freezing during boot (erratic behaviour)

Rogerio O

Dear all,
I bought this scope from Ebay some time ago and it has been working very well.
However, since one month ago, it started to "freeze" during boot.
It does not happens all the time, but once every two or three power on attempts.
When it happens, I manage to make it run by powering on/off a couple of times, but that made me think I will run into trouble soon.
I suspected that I could have a capacitor leakage problem but I inspected the boards for corrosion but I could not find it.
Maybe the caps are just starting to fail so here comes the one million dollar question: Should I recap this scope?
Is this a common failure in this model?
Any other suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance for the help.