From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Raymond Domp Frank
Sent: 22 August 2020 17:41
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] PS503A Mod FF Photos?

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 04:17 PM, Stephen wrote:

May I ask why one would need to modify a PS503A?
Can’t you adjust and fine tune the 20V supply? That’s what i do on mine...
🤷‍♂️
A few reasons come to mind:
1. I may want to use the +/- 20V lines and supply my ECL logic as well (-5.2V nominal). It *is* a triple-voltage supply...
2. I may be using the +/- 20V lines, at the same time wanting to supply my Raspberry Pi 3B+, which doesn't like being fed less than 5.1V (or so).
3. I may want to supply my +/-15V OpAmp circuits while finding supply voltage limits for a connected 3.3V or (TTL) 5V circuit.
4. The reason I just stole from Colin: 5V at 1A from a TM504 (high power slot at the right) or the like.

Raymond