Re: Little ceramic trimmer caps that always break... A fix.

Chuck Harris

Hi John,

This is normal stuff when you calibrate an instrument for the
first time in decades.

These little subminiature trimmer caps break all the time. Every
time I try to turn one for the first time, my jaw clenches up,
and I give it a gentle turn. Either the ceramic part breaks free
and the cap turns, or the screw breaks free of the ceramic disk.

It is fixed, and the generator impedance is now adjusted. I am
about half way through the calibration adjustments...

All is good. I just like to put out repair notes as my local
reality reminds me of them.

-Chuck Harris

John Ferguson via groups.io wrote:

Wow, Chuck, it was worse than I thought, but it sounds like you have prevailed.

john