Re: A possibly sick 7904A

Eric

Roger,

    I am also worried about the focus issue and I am hoping to rule out the tube. Set to a high brightness I have to refocus the tube. But this then causes the readout to be unfocused. Am I being unrealistic to expect a trace to be in focus at any brightness as well as the readout?

On 8/18/2020 5:01 AM, Roger Evans via groups.io wrote:
One of the nice features on the 485 is that you can switch the calibrator from 1kHz for the standard compensation adjustments to 1MHz for the rise time checks when otherwise the trace would be very faint. The PG506 has intermediate rep rates as well.

Regards,

Roger