Re: SC502 With Display Issues

Michael W. Lynch

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 09:22 AM, Stephen wrote:

Ohh, ok.
Thank you for making that clear.
So why do I need to check the voltage at the plates? I’m a bit confused
now...
Trying to learn something in the process too.
The beam is deflected by differing potentials between the two plates. if the dot is off the screen, then one plate is much higher or lower than the other. Depends on which way the beam is being deflected. When centered, the plates should be equal in potential. The + and - horizontal plates will have a complementary rising or falling triangle waveform present at the plates, depends on the time/div setting. The + and - vertical plates should have a complementary signal present, with the shape of the trace dependent on the form and amplitude of input signal.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR