Re: 475 With a bowed display. . . .Ideas?

Paul Amaranth

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 01:59:38PM +0100, Tom Gardner wrote:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the blue-box illness. I've had a 465 in my workshop for 20 years with the intention of getting it working.  I bid on several units on eBay this year and was surprised to win all the bids. Thus, with the knowledge from the postings on this group and manuals from Artek, I now have 9 working scopes (465 and 475). Is there a cure for this addition?
Yes, but it is worse than the disease.

Start by reading *only* the first three posts on this page (including the acronyms)
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg1114480/#msg1114480
*and nothing else*

Then look at the page and viewing count, and weep.
Ha, I had never looked at the start of that thread. The problem is that
the "problem" is not restricted to scopes, or Tek or whatever. Got
convinced to buy an electronic load the other week from reading that
thread. Also ended up with a couple of pieces of nixie gear that
was just too cool not to own.

It's also the entry path into time or volt nuttery. Down that rabbit
hole you could end up with your own hydrogen maser or two. I suppose
we should count ourselves lucky.

Did anyone see my post on selling 11 of my Tek scopes? Don't all rush
in at once.

Paul

paul@... | Unix/Linux - We don't do windows