Re: 475 With a bowed display. . . .Ideas?

Tom Gardner

On 14/08/20 13:38, Jim Hall wrote:
On 8/13/2020 9:17 AM, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:58 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

I went and picked up a CRT, and the bloke let me have a decent deal on a
485
that took a long time to startup first thing in the morning. Locating
the
dubious startup electrolytic fixed the problem, but lead to the
problem of
buying more duff scopes :(

Tom,

Laughing here at reading this. Almost exactly how I got into the
same predicament here. Some people say you smoke crack one time and you
are hooked and people like us fix one scope and we are hooked, we cannot
stop buying old blue boxes with a whole bunch of little knobs and switches
on the front.
Michael,

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the blue-box illness. I've had a 465 in my workshop for 20 years with the intention of getting it working.  I bid on several units on eBay this year and was surprised to win all the bids. Thus, with the knowledge from the postings on this group and manuals from Artek, I now have 9 working scopes (465 and 475). Is there a cure for this addition?
Yes, but it is worse than the disease.

Start by reading *only* the first three posts on this page (including the acronyms)
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg1114480/#msg1114480
*and nothing else*

Then look at the page and viewing count, and weep.