Re: TM500 Plug-in Extention

EJP

Although the method in the FG 504 manual is supposed to be easy, that nearly always isn't quite the case. I have found what I think is a pretty fool-proof method.
I concur. When I checked one of my TM504s that wouldn't support an FG504 correctly I got 11VAC where they say to expect 35VAC, so I thought 'aha!', fixed the phasing accordingly, remeasured, and got about a volt less. Then I checked with Colin's method and found that it was indeed now correct, and plugging in the FG504 confirmed that, solving a mystery that had plagued me for a few years.

I think the issue is that the Tek method relies on what your multimeter does with a 25VAC 50/60Hz waveform riding on a rectified 17.5VAC 100/120Hz waveform. No doubt a Tek DMM gets it right, but the one I was using certainly didn't.

EJP