Re: 475 With a bowed display. . . .Ideas?

Tom Gardner

On 13/08/20 15:17, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:
On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:58 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

I went and picked up a CRT, and the bloke let me have a decent deal on a 485
that took a long time to startup first thing in the morning. Locating the
dubious startup electrolytic fixed the problem, but lead to the problem of
buying more duff scopes :(
Tom,

Laughing here at reading this. Almost exactly how I got into the same predicament here. Some people say you smoke crack one time and you are hooked and people like us fix one scope and we are hooked, we cannot stop buying old blue boxes with a whole bunch of little knobs and switches on the front.
I taught my daughter the concept of how you become a drunkard, i.e. one drink at a time.

I once asked people why I needed a fourth scope. There was only one justifiable answer: you must have four before you can have five :(