Re: Tektronix 475

Bert Haskins

On 8/12/2020 11:10 AM, tenareze32@gmail.com wrote:
I have read both those sections, but my understanding is lacking. I carried out the procedure described in 5-26 and it checked out OK, although the trace was very bright all the time.
I will check the Z-axis amplifier as it does not appear to be producing enough negative potential.
I was not keen to buy another tube for a scope I bought fairly cheaply for parts/repair. I first checked all the power supply voltages and they were within specification so I was dismayed not to get a spot or trace with the beam finder. I still don’t know why it appeared, but the X amplifier is flaky and I sometimes get a spot and sometimes a trace. I should probably re-seat some more transistors.
Simon