Re: DC503 Not Working

Dave Daniel

There is nothing to forgive.

On Aug 11, 2020, at 06:54, Stephen <stephen.nabet@...> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:40 PM, Dave Daniel wrote:

In order to have a “circuit” there has to be a loop that includes all
components. I the case of the DC-503, there is a signal that goes “to” the
plug-in which carries current. That current must go back to the mainframe in
order to complete the circuit.

Your problem could be caused by either the signal to the plug-in or the return
path part of the circuit.

I’d suggest that you buy a basic circuit theory book. While not my favorite,
a copy of Horowitz and Hill’s “The Art of Electronics” would proabsbly
be a good choice.

DaveD
Oh ok. I know what you mean then. I thought you were referring to something else more obscure (to me).
I do have some mid level electronics training, although from 40 years ago.
Forgive my lack of better education when it comes to proper terminologies.