Re: DC503 Not Working

Stephen

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 04:48 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:

I have once, or twice, gotten a 7000 series plugin where
the middle fiberglass layer was missing, leaving a small
slot between the top surface, and the bottom surface of
the circuit board connector. I am guessing it was a defect
in the circuit board material that just happened to be
in that relatively benign location. It did make the
card edge springy, and slightly thinner than usual.

-Chuck Harris
Yes, I can see how that could be a problem. It’s not the case here, but I was thinking that maybe inserting the plugin repeatedly, may have, over time, worn out the copper pads to the point where some don’t make good contact.
I went ahead and lightly tinned the first 13. That didn’t help...
I must admit that I’m quite confused... 🤷‍♂️