Re: DC503 Not Working

Chuck Harris

I have once, or twice, gotten a 7000 series plugin where
the middle fiberglass layer was missing, leaving a small
slot between the top surface, and the bottom surface of
the circuit board connector. I am guessing it was a defect
in the circuit board material that just happened to be
in that relatively benign location. It did make the
card edge springy, and slightly thinner than usual.

-Chuck Harris

Stephen wrote:

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:32 PM, Glenn Little wrote:

If the connector in the TM5xx has loss some of its tension and the
thickness of the extender paddle is slightly thicker than the DC503 edge
card connector, that would explain it.
If this is the case, the connector(s) in the TM5xx need to be replaced.

Glenn
Yes, I thought about that too. But that would mean that all of them lost their tension. Also, all the other plugins are working properly... 🤷‍♂️
Maybe this particular plugin has a very slightly thinner backplane? I could try and thinly tin the pads maybe? Hmmmm....