From: "Dave Wise" <david_wise@phoenix.com>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:29:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Fuzzy Trace that Auto-Corrects Itself

Puts me in mind of my Tek 321A. After sitting power-off for a day or more,
the geometry is wrong. It will gradually straighten out, or if I turn
intensity to max, in a couple seconds. Then it's fine until it's powered
down, when it will gradually go bad again. All the pin voltages are good.
I've concluded that some metal part inside the CRT is floating - perhaps a
weld has come loose. (Floating electrically, not mechanically; nothing is
rattling around.) High beam current charges it to normal potential, and it
gradually discharges again while power is off. That's the story, at least.

FWIW,
Dave Wise