Re: 475 With a bowed display. . . .Ideas?

Michael W. Lynch

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:27 PM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

It might be worthwhile to check and see if one of your -0731's will do. The
'scopes are very alike, except for BW of course and ISTR that CRT's of
different models were used during the production life of the 465/475 series.
At least I'd think that they are pin compatible. ISTR that the expansion mesh
construction in the 465 was changed/improved at some stage but that's probably
just the -0x mod level in the -0731.
Possibly worth a try after establishing that nothing will blow up.
Raymond,

Unfortunately, the 475 CRT has an extra set of pins on the side of the CRT, which the 465 CRT lacks. The extra pins are adjacent to and aligned with the Vertical Deflection plate pins. There is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches between the two sets of pins (I did not measure, just from memory). So there are a total of 4 pins on the side of the CRT, where the 465 only has 2 pins. The Horizontal pins come in from the bottom exactly like the 465. Even though the 465 and 475 are similar, I am much more familiar with the 465 and it is not at all clear in the schematic or the service manual what these pins do. I am certainly not experienced enough to say what these are for. These two extra pins do not show in the schematic, at least not that I can find. I don't want to risk trying without those extra pins connected. This might damage the scope, the CRT or worst of all both of them. Clearly different from the 465/465B CRT. Do you have any idea what these extra 2 pins might be for?

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR