Re: TM500 Plug-in Extention

Stephen

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 03:43 AM, Colin Herbert wrote:

My TM 500 extenders were supplied as a kit from Dan Meeks (though I doubt he
has any left) and the ribbon-cable is ~87 cm long. I can't say that I've seen
any problems with oscillation of the pass-transistors in the mainframe, but
wouldn't they need to be connected to some circuitry in a plug-in at the other
end of the extender? I can't see how an unpowered transistor can oscillate.
Colin.
My cable measures ~57cm. Probably I didn’t understand you correctly, but the extender is connected
to the circuit of the plugin itself??