Re: Tektronix 475

Harvey White

All that means is that the vertical amplifier is dead at some point.  Feed it a vertical signal and go tracing through with another scope.  the "top" and "bottom" halves of the amplifier should be more or less mirror images of each other.  The channels are independent up to the scope channel switch electronics, and then after that switch, run a common amplifier.  I'd put the scope in channel 1 mode, apply a signal (sine waves are nice for showing distortion) and then do a quick trace at points.  If you apply the same signal as is in the manual, you should have scope traces and voltages showing what ought to be there.

Your problem could be as simple as one or two transistors not functioning.

Harvey

On 8/9/2020 11:38 AM, tenareze32@... wrote:
On both the Y deflection leads I measured +10V with no indication of any signal on either channel. Doesn’t look promising as a repair project.
Simon