Re: Tektronix 475

Simon

I went ahead anyway and the HT was OK, it lit up a neon bulb through a 22MΩ resistor.
I can only think that the CRT is bad. I saw that the instrument must have been dropped on its rear end as the plastic case was cracked and the aluminum bowl protecting the CRT socket was dented. There was no damage to the socket, but I surmise that a shock like that might have damaged the CRT. I have taken it out, but cannot see anything obvious and it does not rattle. I am wondering if there is anything else I should check before buying another tube.
Simon