Re: 475 With a bowed display. . . .Ideas?

Chuck Harris

Typically, when a proper application of the Geometry,
Focus, Astigmatism, Trace Rotation, and other affiliated
adjustments results in a screen that just doesn't look
as pretty as we would like, it means that there has been
an outside physical influence on the CRT (READ: OOPS! BANG!
$%^! & #!!*^! Why Me???)

The Mumetal shield can get bent, or magnetized. One of
the steering magnets (held with Scotch tape) can fall off
of the CRT neck, causing the beam to partially strike one
many internal shield electrodes that looks like a hole in
a plate of metal.

Or, it can be that we are much more nit-picky than tektronix
was originally.

If you carefully read the specifications in the manual, you
will often find that we have been spoiled rotten by all of
the CRTs we get that are much better than the specifications
say they could be...

-Chuck Harris

Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 01:26 AM, Stephen wrote:

I’m not sure, but that makes me think « geometry »? Maybe??
Possibly not:
In the paragraph immediately following your longish quote the OP writes:

"Y Align R1385 and Geometry R1390 will not bring the vertical markers
into proper vertical alignment even though they do have some effect on
the trace by making it less severe. Even though they never "Fix" the problem."

Raymond