Re: looking for internal photos of Input RC Normalizer (067-0537-00)

Colin Herbert

Further to Håkan's kind provision of this photo, apart from the fixed capacitor and (1M0) resistor in parallel, the other side of the Normalizer has an adjustable trimmer capacitor. If this is present, removal of the white plastic cap on the opposite side (if present) should reveal the screwdriver slot for its adjustment. If you cannot see a screwdriver slot, then the trimmer is absent. Don't fiddle with the trimmer if it is present, check out the instructions for the use and (possible) adjustment of Normalizers on TekWiki.

While I note that this particular Normalizer is 15pF, all normalizers look pretty much the same inside. The differences being the value of the capacitance(s) and the words on the cover. I think all the resistors are 1M0.

There are a number of different models with differing capacitances; some common, some less so. I received a "modified" Normalizer a little while ago (it had been converted into an attenuator for some reason!) and the supplier replaced it free of charge and with no argument. The peculiarity here is that Normalizers for 47pF, 30pf, 24pf and 20 pf are relatively common, but the odd values such as 15pf and 22pF seem to be butchered by some people. Why would anyone want to modify an unusual Normalizer and not a more common one?

Colin.

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of zenith5106
Sent: 07 August 2020 11:31
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] looking for internal photos of Input RC Normalizer (067-0537-00)

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 09:45 AM, Jared Cabot wrote:

Does anyone here have an Input RC Normalizer to hand they can open the lid and
take some happy snaps for me
OK, find it here: www.hakanh.com/dl/temp/537.jpg

/Håkan

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.