Re: eBay / PayPal Changes and our alternatives

Vince Vielhaber

I'm in a number of ebay FB groups and needless to say Managed Payments, aka Ayden, is a recurring topic. The thing is, the only concerns or complaints anyone has is before they switch - nobody likes change. After they switch, noone is complaining, at least not publicly.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 08/06/2020 11:56 AM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
I missed this follow-up announcement from eBay on April 19, 2018 which says
buyers will still be able to use PayPal to pay for goods until July 2023.
After I read this my conclusion was that this notice was very carefully
written to deliberately avoid any mention at all about eBay requiring
sellers to switch to Ayden which they will still have to do. That tells me
that eBay still thinks they can force sellers to move to Ayden.
Ebay must be very confident they will not lose many sellers by making them
switch to Ayden. Time will tell.
Dennis Tillman W7pF
------
eBay and PayPal today confirmed the signing of a previously-announced
agreement to offer PayPal as a way to pay on eBay until July 2023. This new
agreement builds on the payments partnership between the companies to make
PayPal available as a payment option on eBay's new intermediated payments
model.

"PayPal has been a great partner for eBay, and as part of our new payments
experience PayPal will continue to be a key form of payment for our global
customers," said Devin Wenig, president and CEO, eBay. "We are pleased to
continue to offer PayPal as a form of payment on eBay and look forward to a
continued, strong partnership with PayPal going forward."
------
Dennis Tillman W7pF