Re: eBay / PayPal Changes and our alternatives

Michael W. Lynch

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 11:53 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

Tom,

My replies interleaved

I hope I'm mistaken, but it looks worse for private sellers....
True! It is always worse for the sellers, even with today's rules.

- you might need to dispatch goods before receiving payment; I've had a couple
of non-payers recently
Not going to happen! No Pay, No Parts.

- you have to give ebay your checking account details; fraud opportunity
anyone?!
Again, they are not getting that financial information from me, either as a buyer or a seller. Thus PAYPAL.

- if a buyer claims a refund, that can be automatically sucked from your
checking account
- which might force you into an overdraft or prevent your normal standing
orders/direct debit payments from going through, which might.......
More BS and reason NOT to comply or participate.

E-bay is quickly becoming "Alibaba West"

I search quite often for unique or interesting test equipment. In the past year, I have noticed that almost everything has skyrocketed in cost and for shipping. Perhaps this is a sign that I have enough test gear and projects?

No PAYPAL and I am gone from E-Bay.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR