Re: eBay / PayPal Changes and our alternatives

Vince Vielhaber

When I get converted I plan on opening a checking account specifically for that. Ebay said there's no opt-out after you're in. BS, I can close that account!

Vince - K8ZW.

On 08/05/2020 12:53 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
I hope I'm mistaken, but it looks worse for private sellers....
- you might need to dispatch goods before receiving payment; I've had a
couple of non-payers recently
- you have to give ebay your checking account details; fraud
opportunity anyone?!
- if a buyer claims a refund, that can be automatically sucked from
your checking account
- which might force you into an overdraft or prevent your normal
standing orders/direct debit payments from going through, which
might.......

On 05/08/20 17:21, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I may have to close my Ebay account if they stop accepting Paypal. I
average several hundred purchases, per year.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020, 9:59 AM Michael W. Lynch via groups.io <mlynch003=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 03:22 AM, Jay Walling wrote:

I don't think that's true. You can still buy using a credit card.
That is the whole point of using PayPal, not giving out my Card or
Financial information to everyone, not allowing card information to be
stored on E-Bay and multiple other servers or transmitting that card
information every time I make a purchase. E-Bay will do what they
need to
do and I will do the same.

--
Michael Lynch