Re: FG 502 Adjustment and Possible New Issue

Stephen

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 11:04 PM, Roger Evans wrote:

R170 actually controls the slope of one half of the triangle wave by adjusting
the strength of one half of the constant current source into the timing
capacitor. You want to make the positive and negative currents equal so that
the positive and negative slopes are equal and the positive peak is half way
between the two negative peaks. The square wave switches when the triangle
generator switches between the charge / discharge cycles so that makes the
square wave 1:1 as well. It is easier to adjust the way you did it!

Roger
What I actually did, is set the switch to 10(-6), the frequency to .1, and triangle waves. Scope to 1us. That way I have quite a very clear view of the symmetry of the shape. And, as far as I can tell, it works. I find it much easier, and it allows for a more precise, and finer adjustment than what the manual says.