Re: Why would you do this?

Richard R. Pope

Shirley,
Yep!It very hard for a site with 100K people to complete with a site that has 100M people on it.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 9:05 PM, Shirley Dulcey KE1L wrote:
eBay will be hard to replace because a marketplace site, and doubly so an
auction marketplace, is a type of site where the network effect is very
strong. In simple terms, it means that a site is popular because it is
popular. Having the most customers makes it more useful for new customers.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 9:47 PM Richard R. Pope <mechanic_2@...>
wrote:

Dave,
I know. I have been a seller on ebid for almost 2 decades. I have
never sold anything and I have never bought anything. It has always been
ebay or for my books amazon. I don't like either one but the
alternatives are very slim.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 8:42 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
I appreciate the tip (it was new to me); I keep hoping for a
reasonable alternate to ebay, but it would need critical mass before I
would browse there regularly or list things myself.
-Dave
On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 06:36:19 PM PDT, Richard R. Pope <
mechanic_2@...> wrote:
Dave and et al,
Just a thought!
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 8:33 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
I just looked at that- not a whole lot there I'd want to buy. Seems
like everything I looked up was mostly old advertisements.
-Dave
On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 09:30:51 AM PDT, Richard R. Pope <
mechanic_2@...> wrote:
Hello all,
. . . . I use ebid.net!
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 9:43 AM, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 09:28 AM, Dick Wilson at DiLette Sales wrote:

In case anyone is unaware, eBay has now cut Paypal out and is forcing
it's
members to give their financial info to a foreign company or the
accounts will
be closed.
When or If this happens to me, I will also be out. I am only a "small
potatoes" seller, but I will not submit my information to a foreign bank,
just to stay on E-Bay. PayPal is its own boatload of pirates, but they are
my pirates. E-Bay has become more and more difficult to justify as a
seller over the years. The rules of use are indeed arbitrary and in some
cases even draconian.