Re: Why would you do this?

Richard R. Pope

Dave,
I know. I have been a seller on ebid for almost 2 decades. I have never sold anything and I have never bought anything. It has always been ebay or for my books amazon. I don't like either one but the alternatives are very slim.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 8:42 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
I appreciate the tip (it was new to me); I keep hoping for a reasonable alternate to ebay, but it would need critical mass before I would browse there regularly or list things myself.
-Dave
On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 06:36:19 PM PDT, Richard R. Pope <mechanic_2@...> wrote:
Dave and et al,
Just a thought!
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 8:33 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
I just looked at that- not a whole lot there I'd want to buy. Seems like everything I looked up was mostly old advertisements.
-Dave
On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 09:30:51 AM PDT, Richard R. Pope <mechanic_2@...> wrote:
Hello all,
. . . . I use ebid.net!
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 8/4/2020 9:43 AM, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 09:28 AM, Dick Wilson at DiLette Sales wrote:

In case anyone is unaware, eBay has now cut Paypal out and is forcing it's
members to give their financial info to a foreign company or the accounts will
be closed.
When or If this happens to me, I will also be out. I am only a "small potatoes" seller, but I will not submit my information to a foreign bank, just to stay on E-Bay. PayPal is its own boatload of pirates, but they are my pirates. E-Bay has become more and more difficult to justify as a seller over the years. The rules of use are indeed arbitrary and in some cases even draconian.