Re: eBay / PayPal Changes and our alternatives

Dick Wilson at DiLette Sales

eBay "Revised" it's original statement to include;
No member will be allowed to Opt Out of the new payment scheme after enrolling.
Quote "Action Required: Your account will be enabled for managed payments starting late July 2020. You are required to register by July 15,2020 to avoid any interruption to your business."  Not enrolling, our choice, froze our ability to list and our listings became invisible. That doesn't sound like a choice. As a seller, if you can't list or sell, that sounds pretty clear to me. Oh, yes, I can still buy, but again, ONLY if I agree to give Adyen ( some company in the Netherlands) my banking info. No thanks.
cmdrdick

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 07:40:47 PM EDT, Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

I believe the following excerpts from a Feb. 1, 2018 eBay announcement
should be viewed with skepticism until the details become clear. I thought
that it was important to repeat these parts of the announcement since many
members of TekScopes are current users of eBay and of PayPal and may not be
aware of the upcoming changes on eBay.
------
On Feb. 1, 2018  eBay announced that it will be replacing PayPal with Adyen
as its primary payments provider.
Ebay will continue to let customers use PayPal as an option for checking out
until July 2023, but most of eBay's payments will be processed by Adyen by
2021. Adyen, a start-up based in the Netherlands, is an online payment
company that provides businesses with backend payment services including
credit card processing and point-of-sales (POS) systems.

Ebay explained that its decision to integrate Adyen's payment processor
would result in lower costs and more control of finances for its merchants.
EBay said its partnership with Adyen's technology would enable sellers to
have a more central view of their data, and to manage and track all
transactions and customer interactions via eBay. EBay said that the
integration of Adyen would also provide customers with "greater choice" when
checking out. "We believe that we can offer a more seamless experience while
giving buyers and sellers more choice for payment and payout options," eBay
Chief Executive Devin Wenig said on a conference call with analysts. The
move is a part of eBay's strategy to "transition to full payments
intermediation," the firm said.
------

One member already mentioned there is a Groups.io site dedicated to the
exchange of Test equipment. If you are interested the link is here:
https://groups.io/g/Test-Equipment-For-Sale-Wanted-or-Exchange

If there are other alternative sites we should know about please let us know
about them. Please provide a link in your reply and indicate if you have any
actual experience with them.

Dennis Tillman W7pF