Re: 7834 Missing Trace

sdferg7@...

Alright, good news. Turning R2135 about 1/8 of a turn to the right brought the trace back. Thank you! Both time bases seem to work properly. Unfortunately this is the only scope I own, I've only used them at school before; if I really need another one I might be able to take it to a lab at my college when I go back at the end of the month, but I'm not sure if they'd let me use one for personal purposes. Is there more checking I need to do with regards to the trace issue? Not sure what would cause it to suddenly go out of adjustment like that. I also don't know the proper calibration procedure.

With regards to the storage controls, I've never used a storage analog scope before so I'm not sure if I'm using them correctly and I'm a bit afraid of burning the CRT with them. They all seem to turn the screen green at varying intensities, some at a worrying brightness.

Thanks again,

Shane