Re: AWG2005 Issues and Repair Question.

Michael W. Lynch

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 09:41 AM, Stephen wrote:

Stephen 3:40am #170085

I’ve read somewhere, maybe TekWiki, that when working on these
digital/analog “hybrid” scopes, you could fry a chip within a few minutes
if it’s open and not properly cooled. I don’t know if this applies here
though.
Stephen,

Yes, I have a 2440 and that is one of the scopes that must be constantly cooled to prevent overheating of the A/D Converters and the CCD Hybrids. I think that Martin makes a good point, even if the problem might be less catastrophic on the AWG series. That noisy fan is there for a reason.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR